Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Men in Blue


sfpd
Originally uploaded by Cool Auntie.
Here's a photo of San Francisco's finest on the day in March, 2003 that the USA started bombing Iraq. There were protests and these men in blue were dispatched to keep the peace.

They also enjoyed their photo opportunity.

My cousin, Demetri is a Chicago Police Officer. Last week, I was in Chicago where I was exhibiting photographs at a rock n roll show. He said he would drop by and check it out. And he did. In uniform, with his partner.

Naturally, the rock n roll crowd was a bit wary. But soon the guard was down when I announced to those within earshot that he was my cousin. I even introduced him to my friend Greg, who was the night's headliner. Hopefully now Greg can park his band van with impunity in the Windy City....

No comments: