Saturday, June 30, 2007

my first camera


it was this pentax. well, its not exactly my first camera... i'd used instamatics, polaroids and movie cameras before... but the pentax was my first SLR.

it was a christmas present from my parents in 1972. my first pictures were of the family dog. then everything in the house was fair game. i took this photo of myself in the mirror.

then i went outside and started taking pictures of everything in my path. some local kids posed for me and i really like the way this image has aged. i don't think i knew those kids back then...and now, 35 years later, who knows who they became?

kids small

i'm really glad that i shot everything i looked at. i found this shot of traffic on wilshire blvd. in santa monica, circa 1978. not sure if this was taken with my pentax, or with my second camera, my preferred (the one i still use NOW) nikon fm.

the gap sm blvd vw bug Watermarked

i still take pictures of every interesting thing i see, even if it isn't human... i mean... doesn't every photographer?

wires ecu grey small

No comments: