Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Bob Dylan 1974


Bob Dylan 1974
Originally uploaded by Theresa K.
I have seen Bob Dylan play live on every single tour he's done since 1974. You say Dedication? I say, he's the greatest living poet in the USA, maybe the world. At times, I feel that I was a little bold at 16, taking his photo when he was seated behind me at a concert at the Forum in LA.... but I had just seen him there, with The Band. They really did change my life....

Sorry for the intrusion, Bob... but ever since I heard "Positively 4th St., " I became uncompromising. "Mr Tambourine Man" turned my world from BW to color (OK... it was the Byrds, but it is your song) and Oh Mercy just changed everything. I bought Love and Theft the day it was released. September 11, 2001. Telling. "Lonesome Day Blues" got me through that one. It gets me through just about every day.


No comments: