Monday, December 19, 2005

Do They Know Its Xmas?


Blue Trash Can
Originally uploaded by Theresa K.
Here in Los Angeles, its kind of cold. Probably in the 60s. This trash can, a lovely blue, and filled with a Christmas tree was a highlight of my 2004 Christmas holiday walking-for-photo-opps expedition. I was staying with Betsy in Silverlake, right off the busy intersection of Fountain and Sunset.

Christmas 2005 - I am at Hollywood near La Brea...strangely near where my very first apartment was (Franklin and La Brea). Though that apartment building is gone (7231 Franklin), LOTS of the 'hood is the same, even though lots of favorite places are gone (CC Brown's ice cream parlor - where James Dean got his ice cream).

I like the sight of the Xmas tree in the trash. I don't know why it feels as right as it feels picturesque. It feels cinematic; as it should - its Mack Sennett Studio's trash.

Never thought I would think this: living in LA wouldn't be as bad now as it would have been in the 80s/90s. Maybe I'm just old enough to want warm weather in winter?

1 comment:

visioneer said...

CORRECTION: My first apartment at 7231 Franklin is nOT GONE! It is merely obscured by the ginormous "luxury" complex next door. I saw it on Friday when Randy Kaye drove me to the post office via Franklin Ave.

whewwwwwww