Saturday, March 12, 2005

This time last year


aloe
Originally uploaded by Theresa K.
It's that time of year again.

SXSW. That's South By Southwest, the music, film & interactive conference that takes place in Austin, TX every year at this time. Austin is a great place to be in the last two weeks of winter. I'm in the snowy part of NE Ohio. Lake Effect snow. That's non stop snow.

This photo was taken in Austin in 2003, when I attended SXSW.

That was a fun trip although I got drunk every night and was hung over every day. On one of the days, I ate three BBQ pork sandwiches just to try to get over it. I met Bryan and Mark of the Forty-Fives whilst hungover. They're the drunkest guys I know, however, so we got along just fine, although I never made it to their show in Dallas because I got lost trying to find my hotel by using the GPS thing in my rental car.

Good things about Austin: BBQ, Mexican food, South Congress St., Mexican breakfast at Las Manitas, Threadgill's, the brown capitol building, Driskill Hotel's design, Yard Dog....

the fact that its probably 70 degrees right now....

No comments: