Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Its Hot and Fabulous in NYC


025_25
Originally uploaded by Cool Auntie.
These ultra-colorful flowers are the best I can do to replicate a house landing on a witch and the world going from black & white to color.

Am in NYC. Its hot and humid (already... and its only April) but it is so alive. The difference is the people, the vibe, the attitude. A can-do place. And the food.....I think I lost about 15 pounds in Cleveland, since I had no car and walking to the thing that passes for public transportation was a mile away, guaranteeing me a 2-mile walk each and every day... I hope I don't gain it back here indulging in NYC's culinary delights, but boy would it be fun.

Still, none of these Greek supermarkets deli's can rival my Aunt Maria's Galaktimburico (you think I can spell that? its the custard between the filo dough...)

The pigeons are pooping and cooing outside my window. Its great to be back.


No comments: