Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Dead bird


Dead bird
Originally uploaded by Theresa K.
Twice this week when I've gone walking without my camera, I've seen dead birds. Sunday, there was a dead sparrow on the Abbey Avenue Viaduct. Today, I saw a dead bird in Lincoln Park, on my way back home from the laundromat.

I guess its the cold that kills these birds.

This particular dead bird was on the street in Brooklyn during the winter of 2003 - 2004. I think it was in November, because Rebecca Bird (who paints dead birds from life - well, death - from models) was over for Thanksgiving dinner and I remember telling her about the dead bird I saw on our street. 18th Street between 4th and 5th Avenues in Park Slope, Brooklyn.

Snow is expected tomorrow - I'll have camera in hand for dead birds and other surprises.

No comments: