Wednesday, February 23, 2005

If you need a plumber...


Johnny Hentch
Originally uploaded by Theresa K.
This morning, my phone rang insistently, every hour on the hour, until I picked it up at 11 AM. You see, last night, I went to bed around 5 AM. It's all work - really, my life is not that interesting....

Anyway, it was the landlady. Sweet, sweet woman - Katherine. She called to say that the plumber would be coming in the next day or so to install a new shower in the apartment across the way, and if I should have any plumbing needs, to please let her know so that the plumber's visit could be cost effective.

So, this reminds me to share this photo of my favorite plumber, John Szymanski. Or Mr. Johnny Hentch, as you know him.

John plays keyboards in Detroit's long standing top notch garage rock n roll ensemble, The Hentchmen. He also played bass for the Paybacks since their inception.

Let me tell you this about plumbers who play bass -- you don't want to arm wrestle with these guys. They are STRONG.

Johnny Hentch. Usually Hentch is the first guy I see when I arrive in Detroit. We manage to make it to the same bars and restaurants at the same time. John is one swell dude. Just about the nicest man you could ever meet. I can't say enough about him.

In this pic, John was a late arrival at the Sunday afternoon Woodbridge softball game. It was rather cool for an August afternoon. John came as the game was shutting down, and afterwards the whole gang went to Mexican town for dinner. Did I say that John's a car dude as well and drives one fine ride?

The Hentchmen are playing at the Kraftbrau Brewey in Kalamazoo this weekend (Feb. 25) with The Gore Gore Girls. If that's in your driving radius, you should check it out.

No comments: