Saturday, February 12, 2005

Happy Birthday Jim!!!


Jim Diamond
Originally uploaded by Theresa K.
February 12 is Jim Diamond's birthday. Happy Birthday, Jim. Many happy returns and welcome to my side of the hill, my Greek brother and fellow Spartan!

This pic of Jim was taken in his studio, Ghetto Recorders in Detroit. Jim is the go-to guy for true-to-live sounding, warm, analog recorded rock n roll. He has produced and/or recorded so many records that end up on my short list of favorites: all The Witches and Troy Gregory records, The High Strung, Wide Right, The Forty-Fives killer "High Life High Volume," The Ponys, The Mystery Girls, The Dirtbombs, the good Von Bondies (first) record, This Moment in Black History, The Compulsive Gamblers, and the list goes on and on.

Jim is calm in the face of recording studio chaos, confusion and nerves. He even gave me these swell noise cancelling headphones when I was there last year photographing The Witches. Soon, I'll post the pic of his cool blue oven. It doesn't work, but it looks like a car. It's Detroit, yo.

No comments: