Monday, February 21, 2005

Has it really been a year?

A year ago today, I was in the throes of filming a live event that would launch a whole new adventure and change my life.

Julie and I bonded in a way over the silly and chivalrous behavior of men in our orbit that day.

I'm in Cleveland now as a result of creative bonds I made that day - so the absolutely ludicrous things that happened last year did have a silver lining.

I still can't believe I yelled at Greg Cartwright when he and the Reigning Sound showed up about 15 minutes before they were supposed to play. It was the trickle down theory in full play - people yelled at me about why the band was late, and when the band showed up, I was agitated and took it out on them.

I love The Reigning Sound. Do Greg and Jeremy think I'm silly for continuing to apologize for yelling at them?

Julie - Julie Benjamin, singer for The Fondas. She's one of those beautiful women who is not sure she is beautiful. I love her. She is so kind and a real girlfriend.

Julie looked amazing as I filmed her from onstage. She turned to look at me filming her a couple times during the night, and those shots I captured as a result of her turning my way are the highlight of all those rolls of film I shot. She looked at me as if to ask, "am I doing OK here?" with her eyes, looking for approval. There is no better "come hither" shot in the history of anything I have filmed.

At the end of the night, all I can say is that shenanigans ensued. Dave impressed me with his chivalry.

They had a beautiful wedding last October.

That night a year ago I knew I would be making a big change just as soon as possible. When I spent a week of my summer vacation staying with Julie and Dave in Detroit, just being able to chat about things made me resolute in that decision.

Thanks Julie. I love you!

No comments: